Wednesday 13 December 2017

Chrimbo Shopping with my Boo....

So today John and I were having our annual shopping expedition.  How times have changed since the Mall opened - previously we had to trek around Paphos desperate to find things sometimes in the sun, sometimes in the rain but now we can do what we want in the Mall in the dry and, as I am going to take Mum out when Dad goes for his eye check up with John in Limassol, I am going to have a look in the Old Town for the remainder of the gifts so a win-win situation all round!

I had organised to have my hair cut today - originally my appointment was 9.30am which is a little early for us to get up get ready and get to the Mall so I wasn't disappointed when they rang to ask if I could make it 11.30am - this is a much more reasonable hour and meant that John and I could do a few things together first and then he would mooch off for a coffee whilst I was coiffed.

We stopped for petrol in Stroumbi first and were given some 2 for 1 food vouchers for the foodhall in the Mall which was a winner as it included the Gyros place that we would normally choose for a snack lunch - this was a good start.  What was not so good was the ongoing saga we have with trying to return my faulty vacuum cleaner to Amazon.  We took it into the main post office in Paphos where they spied the label which states that there are lithium batteries inside and said that they would only send it by courier and it would cost around €250!!!  Blow that for a game of soldiers - that is more than the cost of the item.  I shall take it up with Amazon...

The Mall is looking lovely - there are great decorations in there this year and we had obviously chosen a good day to go as it was pretty quiet - well actually very quiet.

We got there early enough to do a sweep around Jumbos but as it happens we actually ended up going in there three times which must be some sort of record particularly where John's patience is concerned!!!

I didn't finish my shopping - why are men so bloody difficult to shop for and I wanted to find something nice for Mum but failed miserably so I am going to have to get my thinking cap on and probably have to be sneaky when we go out together which isn't going to be easy.

It was lovely to get my hair cut - I love going to the hairdressers and think I must be Lumi's dream as I never mind what she tries and after about 5 years I have managed to convince her she can never cut it too short for me - she is unconvinced but I remind her that the customer is always right.  She kindly puts a little colour in my fringe or what remains of it which I like - it takes the eye away from the rest of the hair which is getting rather grey!!  Happy with my bonce I returned up to the shopping floor to find John waiting for me.

We took advantage of the food vouchers and really enjoyed the pittas we had which together with a drink came to just about €6.00 which was the same price that John had paid for a coffee and a piece of flapjack in Costa Coffee!

We took a wander stopping for the obligatory selfie at the massive Christmas Bauble which is located on the ground floor.

I didn't find anything for John - he says he doesn't need anything but I reckon he needs a medal putting up with me!  It is difficult to buy him clothes without him trying them on because their sizing over here is snug to say the least so his gifts on Christmas Day are never a surprise.  It's a shame because he loves Christmas and I never have to ask him twiece about looking for decorations or trimming up the house - in fact he is the one that likes to get it done early.

We returned home mid afternoon buoyed by the prospect of leftover chicken casserole, hot coleslaw and wedgie potatoes for tea and John decided to light the fire so we were all cosy - so apologies for a photograph of Boris's bottom but everyone enjoys the woodburner being lit.

Toasty warm and nursing full bellies we slobbed out for a couple of hours watching some naff TV before deciding to have an early night.  Bassam is due early tomorrow and when he says early he means early - the only trouble is the weather forecast is really bad so we have to try and head him off at the pass if there is any likelihood of rain because he cannot do the job we want if it is raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.