Tuesday 12 December 2017

Art for art's sake...


It's a new week and Monday's mean art - woo hoo - I love my art although I am thinking I may have bitten off more than I can chew with my latest project.  It was a bit of a panic choice and there are lots of flowers in the jam jar and believe it or not this is the result of two weeks' work!  You might assume that Sheila and I have been chit-chatting on those two mornings but NO we have been working hard - people ask if I sell my pictures - if someone wanted to buy one I would but I could never price it to cover the amount of hours it takes me to finish one and I am not what you would call prolific so to get half a dozen pictures together could take me a couple of years!


Sheila and Klaus have a jigsaw on the go - I love a jigsaw - we always used to have one to complete over Christmas when Mum and Dad used to come and stay - we had to have it on one of the tables and then cover it up when we needed to use the table which wasn't really ideal!  In the intervening years all our eyesight has deteriorated so a difficult jigsaw then has become even more so now.  I couldn't resist but to put in a couple of pieces!


My walk back home was very pleasant - the weather today was lovely and the sun was shining - it is hard to believe that we are in December and really bad cold weather is forecast for later in the week.  I managed to find the source of the sound that seems to come from a peacock which I hear periodically in the distance - it comes from a peacock!  it is part of Savvas the Tyre-man's menagerie!

My afternoon was one of ironing having got the washing done before I went to Sheila's and then got it dried.  We have visitors at the weekend and I have some nice bedding which I set aside for them the only trouble is that the last time they went in the wash they were inadvertently tumble dried to within an inch of their lives so even though they have been rewashed they were so creased and so difficult to iron.

This happened because strangers were in my kitchen - they kindly wiped down the top of the washing machine and managed to flick the tumble dryer dial around to super dry and I hadn't realised when I put on a load and once it is on unless you realise you cannot stop the drying cycle so you just watch the euros going out of the window and your washing getting crispy!!!  Now you know why I like to keep the kitchen as my sole domain then any issues are down to me!

So Nicky and Mark if you mark me down on my TripAdvisor review for your crinkly bedsheets I apologise now in advance but it wasn't really my fault!

Belly dancing tonight - the house is now so lovely and festive and toasty warm (as John won't have it any other way) that it had to steal myself way but once I am there shaking my satellite I really enjoy myself.

Sadly we gyrating ladies which make up the Monday night class are all useless at remembering the routine and that includes our teacher Sofi!  We are ok on the first half and then the second half just becomes a blur - not helped by the fact that Sofi goes off-piste and adds different steps.

This week we did a lot of 'snake' movement and this has highlighted that my left hip is a bit dodgy - oh the joys of getting older!  I really struggled to do the left rotations this evening - still we all had a right old laugh and doubtless next week the routine will change anyway!

Back home for the remainder of the beef and orange curry which seemed even hotter the second time round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.