Tuesday 17 January 2017

No Art...


Monday and the start of a new week and the weather has got its act together and we woke to a bright and reasonably warm day.  As I threw back the windows I was greeted by a bloody great spider taking its breakfast in the sunshine.  Well it was either having its breakfast or it was wrapping it up for a snack later on in the day.

I did not have art today as Sheila had an appointment elsewhere so my picture has not progressed any further which in one way is a good thing because there isn't too much left to do and so I will need to find a new subject for the next one.  If I am going to keep this one then I want to find something which is similar so that they look good together so I may need to find some other glass flower vase to do.

We had so many plans for today as we were free all day until I went off to Belly Dancing for my first session in a long time.  Di would not be joining us today as Bobby has something called Timmy Mallet finger - which means that he can point round corners with ease!!  Sadly he has snapped the tendon on the index finger of his left hand and he is a leftie so this is pretty bad for him.  Initially he thought he had been bitten by something nasty like a scorpion as the knuckle was swollen and red and then it looked like a chilblain and then it took on the appearance of leprosy!!!  Anyway today it is being looked at with a view to it being splinted or pinned - neither of which sound very nice and we hope he will be better soon and not in too much pain.  Remembering how incapacitated Dad was when he had both his trigger thumbs sorted at the same time and realised he couldn't do up his flies I have offered to make sure Bobby doesn't encounter such difficulties.


I had hoped we might have taken off and gone to investigate the snow up on the Troodos - we haven't done this since Deb came to stay a couple of year's ago in February and there was still snow up there then.  I have seen some photographs of the snow up there - it looks spectacular and you can chart the progress on the webcam:  Troodos Webcam  but sadly we didn't get there so will just have to go sometime soon before the snow melts.
We didn't actually achieve very much at all today because the android TV box in the conservatory had died - it must be something to do with me as things keep failing.  We had done some research to get it up and running and then managed to 'brick' it which means in laymans' terms we completely killed it - eventually after hours of trying we managed to get it back up to a certain point but couldn't get everything working that we wanted - in a huff we gave up and decided to do some more research and tackle it again tomorrow.

I went off to belly dancing - bloody hell I could tell I hadn't been for a while and had over indulged over the festive period as I had things wobbling that I couldn't control!  We had to do some free styling and I hate trying to dance off-piste and there was no hiding as there was only Norma, Cara and I there.


Today we finished watching a four parter series called One of Us which started a bit slowly but picked up and we did get into it in the end.  We have watched some really good series recently so when we start something that doesn't grab our interest immediately we get rid.  We started to watch Delicious which stars Dawn French and Iain Glenn - I like them both but after 20 minutes John and I were both bored to tears so it got a draft chit and we are still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.