Friday 20 January 2017

Another beautiful day...


Big apologies to Jane for the photograph above but today was so lovely I decided that I would not swathe myself in winter woolies and dig out my flipflops and my shorts - I think that if you think warm you feel warm and if you think cold you feel cold and to be fair until about 4.00pm when the sun disappeared over the top of the house next door I was fine and then after that it was like someone had pulled the plug out and it was cold!  Digging out my flipflops and shorts made me realise that I really really must go through all my clothes and get them down to a more manageable amount - we are so limited on space in our little home and half the time I can't find things or don't remember I even had them.  This is going to be my job for tomorrow and John will be so pleased as he despairs when I open the wardrobe door and have to pull everything out and then wedge everything back in.

I am on a roll at the moment with regard to spring cleaning - today I tackled the kitchen food cupboards which I can only do if I stand on the work surfaces as they reach right up to the ceiling.  John suggested I did a freezer inventory so to appease him and his OCD tendencies I did and now know exactly what I have got in there and then I moved onto the stock cupboards where there wasn't so much duplication and waste as I thought except when it came to honey - I seem to have been stockpiling and Branston Brown Sauce which I have to buy when I see it as it is the only brown sauce I like and you can only get it here sporadically.

There were a couple of random jars which could have graced a museum - I am sure that some things I actually brought with me when we moved and that is almost 6 years ago!!!

It is cathartic cleaning and tidying like this - the only trouble is I know that I will get lazy because I struggle to reach things and so don't put them back where John got them from and then the neat and tidy cupboards become messy.  John thinks I have body swapped with someone else but he isn't complaining.

Before going down to Polis to do our shopping we called in to see Bassam.  When Elena was poorly she kept on about the sink in the bathroom which was tenuously hanging from the wall - she was always worried it would fall on someone's feet if they weren't careful.  Bless Bassam he has tackled this issue - in fact his answer to the problem is to rip out the bathroom in its entirety and he is in the process of completely refurbishing it and even installing under floor heating.  He seems ok immersing himself in getting the house together for him and the children - time will tell but we call in regularly and we offer to do shopping for him when we are out and about and to be on hand if he needs us.


In Polis we called in to get an oil filter for Kenny and to treat him to an oil change.  We go to the spares place pretty often for one thing or another but I had never noticed the old, what appeared to be Morris Traveler, back door mounted on the outside wall.  John was pleasantly surprised with the cost of the oil change - the guy at Petrolina by Paps supermarket did it for us.  Another pleasant surprise was that all the fruit and veg in Paps was 30% off just for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.